I am now writing the fourth week report of my month of learning Spanish. The monthly challenge will soon be over. I have been able to find time every day to work a little on my Spanish skills so I am pretty happy I have tried this.
What I did this week (fourth week report)
- 22/11: 1 Duolingo story + 2 Duolingo exercises + 4 Gofluent exercises (2 grammar + 1 How to + 1 article)
- 23/11: 2 exercises Duolingo + 3 exercises Gofluent (grammar)
- 24/11: 3 Gofluent exercises (2 videos + 1 vocabulary) + 1 Duolingo exercise + 1 Duolingo story
- 25/11: 3 Duolingo exercises + 1 Duolingo story
- 26/11: 3 Duolingo exercises + 2 Gofluent exercises (1 how to + 1 article)
- 27/11: 1 Duolingo story + 2 Gofluent article ( 1 video + 1 grammar)
- 28/11: 2 Duolingo exercises + 2 Gofluent exercises (1 article + 1 vocabulary)
- 22/11: 46 points
- 23/11: 20 points
- 24/11: 46 points
- 25/11: 64 points
- 26/11: 30 points
- 27/11: 30 points
- 28/11: 20 points
This makes a total of 256 points. However, given that I have been working with goFluent too, this is still a good score.
As already mentioned in my third week report, I have access to goFluent through the company I am working for. I have tried all the different kinds of exercises proposed. Unfortunately, I could not use the online classes because I struggle to make time for this. It is indeed difficult to plan much for classes because I do not always know when the children are going to sleep.
Here are the exercises I tested:
- grammar: I tried several grammar exercises. I found them useful but it is sometimes difficult to choose between all the exercises offered. I do not always know which exercises are most useful to me right now. In comparison with duolingo, I would say the correction is stricter. Indeed, with duolingo, I am sometimes lazy and do not put any accent because I know the answer will still be validated. I can’t do that on goFluent.
- videos: I watched three videos. This is the kind of exercises that is most difficult for me. However, I really like the fact that you can choose the speed of the audio commentary: slow, normal or fast. Moreover, you can also choose to have undertitles or not.
- articles: there are articles about many subjects: art, economics, technologies, and even cooking.
- vocabulary: the vocabulary exercises are more classical. There are many different domains covered, which is good.
- How to: theses are articles somewhat similar to the vocabulary articles. You have for instance an article about how to write or to accept an invitation.
If you want to learn more about the month of learning Spanish, here are a few posts you can read:
- The month of learning Spanish
- Awesome presents for Spanish learners
- The month of learning Spanish: day 1
- The month of learning Spanish: first week report
- Python projects ideas for language learners
- The month of learning Spanish: second week report
- The month of learning Spanish: third week report