The month of learning Spanish is now over. I learned some Spanish everyday for the all month. It is now time to write the conclusion of this experience.
- Exercises: 71
- Duolingo stories: 20
Total points Duolingo: 1364
- Grammar exercises: 12
- Articles: 5
- Videos: 3
- How To: 2
- Vocabulary exercises: 4
Total goFluent exercises: 26
I am happy I tried this because it motivated me to work on my Spanish. Of course, I still am no fluent Spanish speaker, but I reviewed many points of the language I had totally forgotten and I improved much.
The points where I improved most were vocabulary and conjugations. It was definitely useful to relearn the conjugations as I had forgotten a big part of them. As for the vocabulary, I came accross many new words and many already known but forgotten words as I worked on Duolingo and go Fluent exercises. I think vocabulary is the field for which online learning websites like Duolingo or goFluent are most useful.
I improved less on listening comprehension and general grammar rules. This is mainly due to the methodology I used. To deal with limited time resources, I mainly worked in small learning sessions. This is not always optimal for fields like grammar for which you have to invest more time. This was also a problem for listening comprehension. Listening to a video in Spanish takes me much time and concentration because I have to listen very carefully and several times.
If you want to learn more about the month of learning Spanish, here are a few posts you can read:
- The month of learning Spanish
- Awesome presents for Spanish learners
- The month of learning Spanish: day 1
- The month of learning Spanish: first week report
- Python projects ideas for language learners
- The month of learning Spanish: second week report
- The month of learning Spanish: third week report
- Great gifts for French learners
- The month of learning Spanish: fourth week report