I just finished the month of reading aloud a lot. It was a lot of fun, even if it was not always easy to find time to read to the children. We read a lot of different books and my daughter read several books alone, which made me very proud. Now it is the right time for starting a new project.
After the reading aloud challenge…
I will of course keep reading to the children. The new issues of our children magazines have just arrived by post, so we will have new stories to read. Moreover, my daughter came back from school with a caterpillar image. Each day, she has to read ten minutes. Once she did that, I have to sign in one of the balls that compose the caterpillar and she has to color it. When she reads every day, the caterpillar will be totally colored in 22 days.
Starting a new project in May
I have a new monthly project for May. I started learning to code with Python at the end of 2017 but then I have not been practicing enough and I have forgotten some of the things I learned. Moreover, I want to be really able to do fun stuff with Python. So I decided that May would be my month of learning to code with Python. This will be a lot of work but I am very excited about it.
Learning to code with Python
During this month, I want to do the following things:
- Take the codecademy course for Python once again: I finished it long ago but I want to retake it because I have forgotten so much.
- Create a small video game
- Solve some coding challenges on pcodingame
- Learn more about the way Python is used in the data science field
The goal is to work every day. This is the only way to truly get better.
Some online resources I will use
I will use the following websites to improve my coding skills:
- Codecademy: I used the codecademy website before and I find it great for beginners. I want to follow the Python course once again.
- CodinGame: I really like the idea behind the website. You have to solve fun coding challenges and you earn badges. I love earning badges. This is a little difficult for me right now but I hope I will be able to work more on the website soon.
There are also some great blogs I will try to read more:
- Artificially Intelligent Claire: This is a great blog if you are interested in topics such as artificial intelligence or coding.
- Real Python: This is a very good blog to learn more about Python because there are so many tutorials. There are even quizzes!
Are you also learning to code? What are the difficulties you are facing and how do you deal with them?
If you have some advice regarding Python resources, please write them in the comments section. I would be happy to add them to the list.