Christmas is coming. Unfortunately, the whole family is facing a bad cold and we are sneezing and coughing a lot. However, we are very excited about Christmas and already started Christmas related activities. Here is my Christmas bucket list, a small list of things we have done or plan to do.
- Bake Christmas cookies: done! We even baked twice, once only with the children and the second time with a friend of my daughter that we had invited.
- Decorate the Christmas tree: done!
- Bake Lebkuchen (German gingerbread cookies): we want to do that on Saturday
- Bake a French bûche au chocolat (French Christmas cake): planned for Christmas day
- Prepare a delicious Christmas meal: planned for Christmas day
- Make homemade Christmas tree decorations: my daughter did a few.
- Go to the Christmas market: done!
- Sing Christmas songs together: still to be done
- Buy presents for the children: done! We did not buy many presents this year as they are always getting so many presents from the grandparents.
- Write a letter to Father Christmas: not really done. My daughter began a list of presents she would like to receive and gave up after she wrote three pages.
- Read Tolkien’s Letters from Father Christmas to the children : we read only the few first pages. I will resume reading to the children when I am not sick any more.
And you, what are your favorite Christmas activities?