This was again a busy week and it was difficult to find time to work on my coding skills. During the second week of learning to code with Python, I mostly kept working with Codecademy but I also began reading a book on Python. I indeed bought a book on Python to be able to use better my commute time.
Learning to code with Python – second week
- 08/05: Codecademy, Battleship! (5 exercises out of 19)
- 09/05:Codecademy, Battleship! (+ 2 exercises)
- 10/05: Read one chapter of Let’s code Python
- 11/05: Codecademy, Battleship ( +12 exercises, finished the chapter)
- 12/05: Codecademy Loops (13 exercises out of 19)
- 13/05: Codecademy Loops (+ 6 exercises, finished the chapter) + read 5 chapters of Let’s code Python
- 14/05: Codecademy Practice makes perfect (8 exercises out of 15) + read 4 chapters of Let’s code Python
What worked well
As I am advancing in the Codecademy course, the exercises are becoming more difficult. However, I am still progressing fast. I have already reviewed most of the basics of the Python language now and I feel more confident when I am coding.
I also read 10 chapters of the book Let’s Code Python. As I take the train every day to go to work, I have around one hour of commuting time a day during the work week. There are many concepts I already know from Codecademy but the approach is sometimes different so I am still happy I read it. The second half of the book is quite different from the Codecademy course though because it focuses a lot on the creation of video games. I am looking forward to reading these chapters.
What I could improve
I have to work more on real coding projects if I really want to improve. As the week was so busy, I have not had any time for this. I hope I will soon have more time.